Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Hospital comparisons

I must credit Joshua Claybourn and his blog, In the Agora, for keying me into a website called "Hospital Compare," brought to us by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. At the hospital where I work, we are always talking about "best practices" and the most effective to serve our patients/clients. I must say though, I do not believe hospitals should be in competition with each other, because then they may care more about the Almighty Dollar and "bringing the bling-bling in" instead of focusing on patient care.

So far, the only conditions that the site cares about in regards to hospitals around Indianapolis are heart attack care, heart failure care, and pneumonia care. Hopefully in the future they will offer more conditions of concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment