Monday, September 26, 2005

Brian McLaren in Grand Rapids

The Grand Rapids Press has an article about Brian McLaren, author of "A New Kind of Christian" and one of the leaders of the emergent church movement. A biography of McLaren can be found here, on his website.

Arjay Stevens has this posting about the GRP article. As you can see, Arjay is not a fan of McLaren. Phil Johnson, executive director of Grace to You ministries, has written on his views of the emergent church (as well as other fads of Christendom), which you can read here and here.

Confused as to what constitutes the emergent church movement? Click here, here and here.

Update: When I was writing the last bit with the links, I didn't realize that I made a Freudian slip and spelled 'emergent' as 'emergency.' I wonder what that means...

Update 2: I didn't do this post to get "blogspotted," Phil, but thanks!

1 comment: