Monday, December 5, 2005

Best...

We humans (especially we Americans) love to look at and debate about lists. Whether they involve books, CD's, movies, plays, or shopping locations, we love to give a rank ordering of subjects and talk about what should (or not) fits in and where it should place.

The end of the year is nearly here. Many magazines and newspapers will no doubt trumpet their lists of "The Year's Best." I know that I will be picking up my copy of Entertainment Weekly - since I'm no longer a subscriber - for it's 2005 review. (Speaking of EW, I have no clue as to who the 'Entertainer of the Year' will be, but I'm guessing Harry Potter will be somewhere near the top since a new book and new movie came out this year)

The New York Times already has out its list of the "10 best books of 2005." I haven't read a single one - perhaps someday...

Time names its picks of the 50 best websites (including a blog category!) in 2005.

Metacritic gave its list of top 30 albums in 2005 - and no, neither the Stones nor McCartney made the cut. The top honor goes to "Illinoise" by Sufjan Stevens.

Greener Cars gave out its list of best cars in 2005. My Kia Sedona didn't make it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment