Saturday, December 31, 2005

Best Quotes of 2005

WaPo has a list, including this gem from Barbara Bush after she visited Katrina evacuees in the Houston Astrodome:
"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. So many people in this arena, here, you know, were underprivileged, so this is working very well for them."

NewsBlues lists the best quotes by newscasters and reporters. This by NBC's anchor Brian Williams is easily the best of the bunch:
"I don't have a therapist. I have my blog."
More quotes: Media Research Center, Sify Sports, '40 most obnoxious quotes' by Right Wings News, Media Channel

My personal favorite quote of 2005 is what the president said of a former FEMA director - you know the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment