Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm back! (So, did anything good happen while I was away?)

Wow. I don't post for a week, and so much happens that I could have discussed.

- the Cape twins, aka Kerry and Kennedy, try in vain for a filibuster (only 25 voted for it - tee-hee!) on the Alito confirmation vote

- Federer and Mauresmo win singles in Australia - and Hingis (a player I used to love to hate, but I'm glad she's back) wins mixed doubles

- "American Idol" has huge numbers - some good singers, and some not-so-good

- "memoirist" James Frey tries to act penitent with Oprah, and Oprah says yes, truth does matter

- "Lost" continues to show why it may just be the most *Christian* show on TV - or at least Christian-friendly

- My oldest daughter became a fan of this show (I must admit, I like it too), but she still insists that she'll be a rock star when she grows up (she likes this show also)

- Phil Johnson folds his blog and opens a group one

- Richard Hatch from "Survivor" thought he could take the million without giving one red cent to the government - silly fat naked guy, what were you thinking?

- the SAG awards are handed out (and "Brokeback Mountain," a supposed Oscar shoo-in, wins no awards - the ensemble award went to the cast of "Crash") - congrats, "Lost" cast!

- Santino Rice from my daughter's new favorite show has his own site

No comments:

Post a Comment