Monday, January 23, 2006

"This is almost as good as being an Oprah book."

Is "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower" the next "Night"?
Twenty-four hours after Osama bin Laden told the world that the American people should read the work of a little-known Washington historian, William Blum was still adjusting. Blum, who at 72 is accustomed to laboring in relative left-wing obscurity, checked his emotions and pronounced himself shocked and, well, pleased.
...........
"I was not turned off by such an endorsement," he informed a New York radio station. "I'm not repulsed, and I'm not going to pretend I am." He patiently reiterated the thesis of his foreign-policy critique -- that American interventions abroad create enemies. (WaPo)

I like Jimmie's take on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment