Monday, September 4, 2006

portrait of the suffering artist


Poor Jude Law. He was ridiculed by Chris Rock at the Oscars - last year! - for having six movies out at once, and he is still pained by it.


At first I laughed, because I didn’t think he knew who I was. Then I got angry as his remarks, I felt, became more personal. My friends were livid. I was moved when Sean came to my defense. As a celebrity I know I’m fair game for a lot of things that I don’t like, but Rock crossed the line when he made his point and got his laugh then seemingly wouldn’t stop. It’s very unfortunate that I had five or six films come out at the same time. However I had no control over that.
Yes, it's terrible to be good-looking and rich. Just terrible....

Jude, if you're going to whine, at least whine about something important. Don't whine because some comedian took pot-shots at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment