Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

Our pumpkins from 2005....

Haven't yet carved this year's duo so I don't know what they'll look like, but we'll see soon enough.

I'll be taking the girls around the neighborhood tonight, so The Wife is the lucky one to pass out candy to the kids. As I've said, The Cute One is going to be a bee, but the Sweet One still hasn't decided...

As a Christian, should I even be "celebrating" Halloween and taking my girls trick-or-treating? Isn't it "the Devil's holiday" or "the Devil's birthday?" While I don't subscribe to those particular notions (I don't think the Devil has any sort of holiday, much less one that involves tasty pie filling...), I think it is important to think "Christian-ly" about Halloween. Tim Challies has some nice thoughts about it here - he views Halloween as a way to reach out and connect with one's neighbors.

Christianity Today has more on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment