Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday busy-ness

So, are you reading this after you've been out of shopping? Or, are you reading this because you're avoiding shopping?

I'm still at the in-laws today - if you must know, they live in Danville, IL. I came over yesterday morning after work - yes, I worked in the wee morning hours of the holiday, which is why I have a couple posts yesterday. I have to work again tonight, so I'll be driving back to good old Beech Grove. The Wife and daughters will stay here another night, then return home sometime on the morrow. Today, however, they will be shopping in Champaign, only about 45 minutes away. Champaign is the home of the University of Illinois - the Chicago Bears played games in the football stadium there during the season - a few years back - that Soldier Field was being re-fitted.

Thanksgiving meal was very fine. Plenty of bird and side dishes to please everyone. My favorite side dish were the sweet potatoes with crunchy-oat topping (instead of the usual marshmallow). I had pecan pie for breakfast today, and it tasted even better than yesterday.

I'm reading Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point this weekend, and I hope to finish with it soon. I may post a little review of it next week, but for now I'll be like Mr. Spock and just say this: Fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment