Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rick Warren, priest

Check out the headline for an article on the Syrian Arab News Agency site:
American Priest Says no Peace without Syria

When did Rick Warren start answering to Rome? I didn't know priests could wear Hawaiian shirts...

Warren met with Syria’s Grand Mufti Sheikh Badr al-Din Hassoun. The article states that he "expressed admiration of Syria and the coexistence he saw between Muslims and Christians." I wonder if he mentioned the Gospel at all...

Warren reportedly said that 80% of Americans were against the Iraq War. Really? Where did he get that number?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that the poll question could be phrased in such a way that someone could get the 80% if it was really wanted. A few years back I waqs asked to participate (and I use the word in the most generous sense possible) in a poll about TV, violence, etc. The pollster didn't like my answer to the first question and proceeded to browbeat me for it - "as a responsible citizen and Christian, how can you say that..." I had better things to do, so hung up on him. With such tactics, I wouldn't be at all surprised if 100% of the people surveyed agreed with the pollster's positions.

    ReplyDelete