Thursday, November 30, 2006

the [WINDY] city

There are a number of people in the blogosphere who loathe any post with a title remotely similar to This is where I am right now, but there are at least an equal number of people who do enjoy them. I enjoy them, and I make one now without shame or embarrassment.

I'm in Chicago. That's right, folks - Frank's kinda town. The Wife is here on business reasons, and I decided to tag along. The daughters are in the loving care of their grandmother for the next few days, so we have no worries right now. Okay, we do have one worry - several inches of snow is coming.

It's very blustery here today, which really shouldn't be surprising. The waves on Lake Michigan appeared to be at least ten feet high. We drove up Lake Shore Drive to get to The Wife's office, and we were almost swept away. I kid you not - if The Wife wasn't a better driver, we would surely be somewhere near Benton Harbor, MI, by now.

It won't be all work. We hope to have a bit of fun, which will probably happen tomorrow night. I'll let you know if we catch any shows - Wicked is here, so we may see about tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment