Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"Why I Believe Christian Faith is True"

I grew up in church, so I've always been familiar with the doctrines and tenets of Christianity. My faith started out as a mimic - or clone, if you will - of my parents' faith, but it has grown into something entirely my own. There has never been a time in my life when I did not believe that God exists. Because of this, it is difficult for me to consider the mind of the atheist. It is hard to imagine living in a universe brought about by chance, driven by the random whims of electrical impulses and chemical reactions, wandering about in the Great Vastness with no meaning or purpose whatsoever.

Pastor Mark Daniels of Lutheran Friendship Church (Amelia, OH) emerged from such a universe. Leaving atheism behind, he could have picked one from a plethora of religions and spiritualities. He decided - or perhaps, as my Calvinist friends would say, God decided - that he should embrace the Christian faith. Pastor Mark wrote a six-part essay on why he believes Christianity to be true, and you can find it through here.

No comments:

Post a Comment