Monday, January 8, 2007

slice of nonexistence

Hmm.... So they've closed up shop here, huh? The letter from Ingrid Schlueter says they are developing a new format. I'm interested to see what it will become. I'm disappointed that they've taken the site down altogether, as opposed to leaving it up and posting Ms. Schlueter's note, but as always, the people at Slice do what they want.

I've always been of a mixed mind about the site. On the one hand, I appreciated their calls of concern about certain segments within the realm of Christendom, namely their postings on Pat Robertson's supposed prophecies and other such idiocies. Certainly we must look at everything with a discerning eye, including statements of those who name the name of Christ. However, I did not appreciate their broad-strokes attacks on the emerging church (although there are certainly questions to be raised, they must be specific questions), their frequent use of strange-sounding names (e.g., Hollow Men) intended to be insults, and their tendency to post only commentors that whole-heartedly agree with them.

Whether this is all an attempt to disrupt sites like this one remains to be seen. I, for one, am hopeful that Ms. Schlueter's new site edifies the body of Christ.

UPDATE: Slice has been reborn as the much more serious sounding Christian Research Net.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, Matt. I often found myself agreeing with things they posted and wishing that I didn't because of the nasty tone of some of the contributors and especially the commenters.

    ReplyDelete