- Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people ages 15 to 24.
- Of the total number of suicides among persons ages 15 to 24, 86 percent are male and 14 percent are female.
- Suicide is the eighth leading cause of death for all American men.
- Male are four times more likely to die from suicide than females. Suicide rates are highest among white males and second highest among American Indian and Native Alaskan males.
- Sixty percent of reported suicide deaths among men involve the use of a firearm.
- Women report attempting suicide during their lifetime about three times as often as men.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Facts about suicide
Since I work in the mental health field, I occasionally have the inkling to pass on information. Here are some facts you should know.