Monday, June 11, 2007

the end of "The Sopranos"

I admit that I've never been a fan, and it's not just because we don't subscribe to HBO at my house. A show about a mobster with psychological issues just doesn't appeal to me, although on the surface it seems the show would given my chosen field of work. However, two bloggers I greatly respect were - are - fans of the show, and so I must give it some consideration, or at least a post in reference.

Poor Joe:
I've dedicated seven years to The Sopranos. I've spent 85 hours watching one of the most morally and emotionally ambiguous serial narratives in modern times. I waited through a painfully long 16-month hiatus to find out how the series--one of the great works of pop culture--would be resolved. And tonight I sat through another 55 torturous minutes of waiting for the ending only to have my dedication and patience rewarded with…a non-ending ending.
Wow. I hope I don't feel that way when we get to the final episode of Lost.

Yes, I do get the A&E channel, which shows sanitized reruns of the show. No, I will still not watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment