Thursday, June 21, 2007

I didn't know until this day that it was Rosebud all along.

The American Film Institute has released a ten-year anniversary update to their list of 100 Years... 100 Films. Citizen Kane remains at #1, but there are many new films on the list, including The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring at #50.

The top ten:
01. Citizen Kane
02. The Godfather
03. Casablanca
04. Raging Bull
05. Singin' in the Rain
06. Gone With the Wind
07. Lawrence of Arabia
08. Schindler's List
09. Vertigo
10. The Wizard of Oz

I was shocked to discover I've only seen 40 of these films in their entirety. I've seen bits and pieces of many of the films, though. A couple years ago, I started to watch Annie Hall but I just grew bored with it. I've decided to give it another chance, though.

Of the films on this list that I've seen, there's only one that I absolutely hated: Pulp Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment