- All rooms in the house were painted a different color than what they had been.
- The carpet spreading across the living room, dining room, and hallway was removed, and the floor boards were given a nice dark stain.
- Metal closet doors were removed, replaced by white wooden doors.
- We put new linoleum flooring in the kitchen and bathroom. (Yes, one bathroom in the house. I live with three females, so imagine how tough it is sometimes...)
- We replaced the sink in the bathroom.
- We removed all the old kitchen cabinets and put in new ones, enlarging the kitchen. And, by "we," I mean Pete the English Guy we hired through Lowe's.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Last year on this date, I was talking about purchasing my first home. What a year it has been since then! We closed in mid-August. The house was ours on September 1, but we didn't officially move in until Here's what we've done to the house: