Tuesday, November 6, 2007

no votin', no cry

Last year I wrote about my shame over not being able to vote in the elections. This year, I'm once again not voting, but for entirely different reasons.
  1. The only real race in my little town, a unique suburb of Indianapolis, is the mayor's race. I moved here a year ago, and I know nothing about what the current mayor stands for or what his challanger stands for because I haven't had the time to check into it. I only know that the current mayor is a Republican, and the challenger is a Democrat. Though I am a Democrat, I hardly vote down the party line, and I refuse to do so in this case.
  2. I have no idea where the polling place is located. I tried to find it, but the voter registration website acted like I didn't exist.

What about you? Are you voting?

1 comment: