Friday, December 7, 2007

Hugh Hewitt jumps the shark

This is probably the smuggest posting I've seen in a long time. Hewitt has lavished so much praise on Mitt Romney's speech that he might as well light up a cigarette and pour himself a brandy.
Mitt Romney threw a long ball today and scored. There can be no objective argument against that conclusion. Why? Because Romney is running for the GOP nomination, and his remarks, both in delivery and substance, were lavishly praised by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, and James Dobson, not to mention Mark Steyn, Fred Barnes and Charles Krauthammer -and these were just the seven people I heard on a long drive south to San Diego and then in a hotel room before leaving to post this and give a speech. I am sure when I get a chance to review the blogs more widely late tonight, there will be many others, though in fact every single one could denounce Romney and it wouldn't matter given the line-up of assessments just listed, to which I add mine from earlier today.
What Hewitt is saying, in effect, is this: It doesn't matter what you puny little people think of Romney. The important people - Limbaugh, Hannity, et al - really, really like him. So get on our bus - and I include myself because I agree with those people and I'm just as important as they are - or shut up.

1 comment:

  1. Even better than that, Hewitt seems to be saying that objective truth hinges on the subjective reviews of the important people.

    "There can be no objective argument against that conclusion. Why? Because of the praise of Limbaugh, et al."

    Pretty much the opposite of objectivity.

    ReplyDelete