This morning, I read the following news on his CaringBridge page: "Collin passed away peacefully early Friday morning with his family holding his hands at his bedside. May he rest in peace. " Collin also has a personal page.
I have met Carolyn's other two sons, but I never met Collin. She often talked about him when we worked together, and she seemed very proud of his accomplishments. If you have a minute, please pray for his family, especially his wife Ursula, his daughter Gabriela, and two step-daughters.
Update: Collin will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
News articles about Collin:
- Staff Sgt. Collin Bowen dies (Chronicle-Tribune)
- Hoosier soldier dies from wounds (Indianapolis Star)
- Soldiers injured in Afghanistan bombing dies in Texas hospital (MSNBC)
- Ind. soldier dies in Texas (Herald Bulletin)
- Marion soldiers dies (WANE News Channel)
- SSG Collin J. Bowen, In Memoriam (Frederick News Post)