Saturday, March 8, 2008

"You can bend the rules plenty once you get to the top, but not while you're trying to get there."

I'm watching Working Girl on the WE channel tonight, and I'm amazed at how the storyline (but not the late 80's fashions and hair) holds up after twenty years. That's right, it's been twenty years - it was released in December 1988. What's also remarkable is the number of big names involved in the movie. Not just the major players of Harrison Ford, Sigourney Weaver, and Melanie Griffith, but smaller parts as well - Alec Baldwin, Joan Cusack (sporting quite possibly the world's biggest hairdo), Oliver Platt, David Duchovney, Ricki Lake, Olympia Dukakis, and Kevin Spacey. I hear a remake is being planned.

I'm writing all this just as an excuse to put up one of my favorite songs from any film soundtrack:

No comments:

Post a Comment