Dobson believes that Obama "equated" him with Rev. Al Sharpton. You can listen to Obama's speech and Dobson's response here. You can also read the text of Obama's speech here.
Naturally, voices from the blogosphere aren't united when it comes to Dobson and Obama:
- Denny Burke thinks Dobson's statements were correct.
- Scot McKnight writes that Dobson misunderstood and distorted Obama's statements.
- LaShawn Barber (who stopped being a political blogger some time ago but seems to be slowly creeping back into it) believes Obama interprets Scripture just like John Kerry.
- Jim Wallis thinks Dobson uses inappropriate language. Of course, Wallis isn't always so charitable with his own language. He has said Vice President Cheney is a liar and President Bush is too stupid to be president. What did the pot say to the kettle?
- Mark Byron says Dobson acts like it's December 25.
- Peter Wehner writes that Obama was "respectful and authentic."