Friday, January 16, 2009

Reading the Bible in 2009

It's not too late to start a plan. An old college friend has provided a link to an exceptionally good one.

His reasons:
    1. It takes you through the entire Bible, but not sequentially. This is important because I've quit in April when I was struggling through 3-4 chapters a day in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. The plan typically gives you two New Testament readings, an Old Testament passage, and a Psalms or Proverbs. The diversity is really helpful.
    2. It allows for 5 missed days per month. I wish that I could say that I like this because it gives me 5 extra days to do other readings...but the real story is I appreciate the grace of 5 days per month.
    3. It balances various genres of Biblical literature. Typically the plan features a narrative, some kind of poetry, and an epistle. My heart is touched differently through each.
    4. I appreciate the accountability of a sheet that records my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment