Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Happy Birthday, Pac-man!

pPac-Man turns 25 this year.

One of my greatest childhood pleasures was going to the arcade. A friend from church would spend the afternoon at my house on Sundays, and we'd usually go to the local Putt-Putt golf course - not to play golf, but to spend our shiny quarters in its game room. Yeah, sure, we were geeks, but boy was it fun! I'd take him on trips with my family to Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains every August, right before school started up again. During the 1980s, Gatlinburg was filled with arcades - now there are t-shirt stands where the arcades once proudly stood.

Pac-Man was a great game. I remember getting it for my Atari, and how dissappointed I was that it wasn't exactly like the arcade version. I remember having to go to bed on school nights while my parents stayed awake and played it. I remember when Ms. Pac-Man came out, and how much an improvement it was on the old Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment