Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

She's set to hit Miami, one of my favorite cities, within the next 24 hours, and Katrina may be classified as a hurricane by the time she reaches land. Details here. The MTV Video Music Awards, scheduled to be held on Sunday, may be affected.

If you want to track Katrina, click here. If she moves as predicted, she will hit near Panama City on Monday. As you will recall, the Florida panhandle was ravaged by Hurricanes Ivan last year and Dennis earlier this summer.

My wife is flying to Miami for her business next week. I really don't know how she has a knack for being in southern Florida when storms and hurricanes hit. Last August, April and I visited the Keys and Key West - three days later, Hurricane Charley went through.

Update: My goodness, can you tell I haven't blogged in a few days? Katrina, now a category 5 hurricane, is headed for the "Big Easy." Thousands are flocking to the Superdome.

No comments:

Post a Comment