Thursday, August 18, 2005

How do you defend your home?

I am not a believer in guns. That is not to say that I am against this particular group. That is also not to say that I dislike/hate people who own guns; I have friends who are hunters, and they of course have rifles that are kept in their homes. I am also not saying that people shouldn't have guns in the home that they would use to protect themselves; each must make up his/her own mind about that. I'm just saying that I don't personally feel comfortable around guns. Since I have children living in my home with me, I will not have a gun in my house.

This week, two houses in our neighborhood have experienced home invasion. Both occurrences happened while the occupants of the home were there. I repeat: an invader entered the home knowing that the occupants were there. Both occurences, thankfully, ended peacefully in that the invader fled after being confronted.

My father always kept a bat under his bed, just in case he needed to confront someone who had entered our house without permission. Last night at Wal-Mart, I bought a bat to place under my bed. My wife laughed at this, but I bought it because one never knows what might happen. I pray that I never need to use it as a weapon to deter house-invaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment