Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Did she forget to read her husband's book?

If she had read it, she would make every day her best day as part of her best life now.
Houston Lakewood Church pastor Joel Osteen, his wife, Victoria, and their two children boarded a Continental Airlines flight from Houston to Vail, Colo., Monday. The plane's door had been closed when Victoria Osteen and a flight attendant had a disagreement.

"She failed to comply with the flight attendant's instructions, and they were asked to leave the flight," FBI spokeswoman Luz Garcia said without elaborating on the disagreement. The FBI reviewed a report from Continental after the incident, Garcia said. No charges will be filed, she said. (Yahoo! News)

UPDATE: Believe it or not, I struggled with whether I should publish this post or not. I have no intention of using my blog to take cheap potshots at people or (to borrow a phrase from the gents at In the Agora) to point at something with outrage (aka, PASWO), and at first I thought this was exactly the kind of thing I'd be doing if I commented on this article. I realized, however, that Osteen has styled himself as a leader in evangelical Christianity, especially since he pastors a megachurch and has written a best-seller called "Your Best Life Now." If he is going to write a book about utilizing principles that he himself supposedly uses to live his best life, then it should be expected that his own wife would do the same. Getting into arguments with flight attendants, whatever the reason, doesn't seem to me to be a good way to live your best life now.

2 comments: