Monday, November 20, 2006

Proof that Rick Warren is the latest "evangelical Christian" to suck up to those with political power


Pastor Warren is inviting Senator Barack Obama to "preach" at Saddleback Church on December 1, apparently as part of a service centered on World AIDS Day. I don't know if this is an attempt to form a relationship that he can access if Obama runs for president in two years, or what it might be.

No, this blog will not become consumed with what Rick Warren is saying/doing. I won't promise that it won't, but I'm letting my yea be yea and my nay be nay.

1 comment:

  1. I think he's wanting to become a "politic player" within the next few years, someone that politicians can contact if they need to "connect with the evangelicals." My sympathies are with his church flock, since they seem to have a pastor who's more interested in being seen on some kind of world stage than being a shepherd to them.

    ReplyDelete