Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lent abstinence

I grew up attending a Baptist church, so Lent is a foreign concept to me. However, I have decided this year to participate in the self-denial aspects of this particular season. I have decided to give up fast-food for 40 days.

I promise to be honest with you, dear reader. Will I make it? Let's see...

One of my favorite bloggers, Pastor Mark Daniels, has a post about Lent and Ash Wednesday. If you live in the Cincinnati area and you have no church home, do visit his church - he has directions for you.

1 comment:

  1. It' not so much the self-denial as it is the discipline. God calls us to focus less upon that which is worly (like fast food) to focus upon the behaviors and choices that bring us closer to Him and His plan.

    Please do keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete