Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Movies

Last week I mentioned that CBS was showing the updated list of 100 best movies as chosen by the American Film Institute. In honor of that listing, I want to bring attention to these links celebrating the art of film-making.

100 Most Memorable Film Moments
Many of my favorite movies made the list. Casablanca's final scene between Ric and Ilsa, Raiders of the Lost Ark's Indy shoots his sword-wielding nemises, Vader tells Luke who his poppa is in The Empire Strikes Back, The Third Man's revelation of a living Lime... What is #1? I'll leave that for you to discover on your own. My absolute favorite is #9, the moment Taylor discovers where he's actually been the whole time in Planet of the Apes.

20 Great Modern Movie Cameos
David Bowie certainly made that piffle of a movie Zoolander a little more cooler with his contribution. I don't need to explain to you what a cameo is, right? It's when a big name movie star (or some other such person) appears in a movie which no one expects him/her to. There - I just explained it.

1,000 Films to See Before You Die
No, I really don't need to see American Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment