Saturday, November 10, 2007

I'm an actor, but what I really want to do is direct.

Many actors have said that line, and countless more have thought it. There are even a few - Kevin Costner, Mel Gibson, and Clint Eastwood easily come to mind - who have won Oscar glory when they crossed the line from actor to director. Ben Affleck is the latest to join this club, directing Gone Baby Gone (which is getting early Oscar buzz).

Politicians do it too, apparently. Remember when Hillary kicked off her campaign by saying she was "starting a conversation?" It looks now like she also wants to direct where the conversation is going.

What was the question?
The tape of the event shows that the question and answer went as follows:

Question: "As a young person, I'm worried about the long-term effects of global warming How does your plan combat climate change?

Clinton: "Well, you should be worried. You know, I find as I travel around Iowa that it's usually young people that ask me about global warming."

This seems to be a question that might be asked legitimately by someone, especially in an age when it's cool to be concerned about the environment. I really don't understand why her campaign staffers thought this question should be asked by a plant, unless they were concerned no one else would ask it.

Update: Again?

No comments:

Post a Comment