Tuesday, August 8, 2006

thanks for the traffic, but why are you here?

For reasons unfathomable to me, people come to this site looking for pictures of this country superstar. I think I may have put up pictures of him in previous posts, and that is the only explanation I can think of for why some people come here.

I'm not complaining. My sitemeter numbers have increased significantly. I'm just, you know... wondering why, and stuff...

Update: It's because of this post. There's actually only one picture in the post, but there are links to two more pictures. Apparently, this is generating increased traffic to ole Brownie's site. Crazy, no?

1 comment:

  1. Matt:
    A week and a half ago, I was getting tons of traffic--I'm talking six times my usual traffic--from Google searches of "Dave Barry, Quip." I never did figure out why a thousand people a day for about three days were looking this up on Google.

    It was strange.

    Mark

    PS: The verification code for this little comment is pukrrpi. There really isn't anything quite as tasty as Puker Pie, is there? Or is that the last name of a sick mathematician?

    ReplyDelete